To upload your video files to MediaBox, follow the steps below.
If you haven't already done so, you need to log in to the website. To do this click on the login
link at the top of the site. It's the one that looks like this:
- Enter your login credentials (ie. the same as you use to access the Learning Gateway and your computers in school).
- If you have permission to upload media to the system, UPLOAD and Welcome... buttons replace the login button at the top right of the screen.
Important Note: If you do not see the upload button, please contact your school‘s ITCO or TSD Officer so that you can be given the appropriate permssions. If you click on the roll down arrow next to your login name, the Login Centre becomes visible. To hide the Login Centre just click on the roll up arrow. More information about the Login Centre is available in the MediaBox Welcome Pack.
- Click on the UPLOAD button to view the Upload Media page which also contains a useful help section about uploading media.
- Click on the VIDEO button.
- Click on the CHOOSE A VIDEO FILE button.
- Navigate to the location of your video file.
- Select your video file and click on Open. The video will upload and the estimated time for upload will be displayed. Important Note: If the file is larger than 200MB or you have more than one file to upload, you will need to use the MediaBox Desktop Application. Please liaise with your school‘s ITCO or Training, Support & Development Officer to arrange installation and guidance.
While you are waiting for your video to upload, add the metadata (ie. file information) in ABOUT YOUR MEDIA
and MEDIA PERMISSIONS. This is compulsory.
ABOUT YOUR MEDIA
- Media Title: Enter the title of the video.
- Description: Enter a description for the video.
- Category: Choose the subject area for which you think the video will be used.
Media Tags: Enter all the keywords relating to the video. This allows you and others
to find the media easily using the search function. For example, a video about frogs may have the following
keywords - frog, amphibian, pond, KS2, science.
Please note: If a keyword has been used previously (by anyone!) it will appear for you to select. Once you have typed a keyword, click underneath the word to complete the entry and enter a new keyword. Use the X button to remove an unwanted keyword.
- Scroll down to the MEDIA PERMISSIONS area of the screen.
- Tick the box next to Make this media available to everyone. (Important Note: If you plan to embed this media into your school‘s external website and you wish pupils, parents and the general public to see it, you must tick this box!).
Choose to Restrict this media to:
- Public (*this option will be chosen automatically if you have ticked the box above).
- All MediaBox Users (anyone with access to MediaBox will be able to see the media).
- Only Users In My School (all staff and pupils will be able to see the media).
- Staff Only (all school based staff in NPT will be able to see the media).
- Just Me (only you will be able to view this media).
- ALLOW DOWNLOADS - tick this box if you want others to be able to download your media.
- ALLOW COMMENTS - tick this box if you want others to be able to comment on your media.
- Ensure the upload has completed successfully and then click on the SAVE button at the bottom of the window.
- The video you have uploaded will be added to YOUR QUEUE and the status will change according to the progress made.
- Once complete, the queue will empty and your video is published on MediaBox.