To upload your audio files to MediaBox, follow the steps below.
If you haven't already done so, you need to log in to the website. To do this click on the login
link at the top of the site. It's the one that looks like this:
- Enter your login credentials (ie. the same as you use to access the Learning Gateway and your computers in school).
- If you have permission to upload media to the system, UPLOAD and Welcome... buttons replace the login button at the top right of the screen.
Important Note: If you do not see the upload button, please contact your school‘s ITCO or TSD Officer so that you can be given the appropriate permssions. If you click on the roll down arrow next to your login name, the Login Centre becomes visible. To hide the Login Centre just click on the roll up arrow. More information about the Login Centre is available in the MediaBox Welcome Pack.
- Click on the UPLOAD button to view the Upload Media page which also contains a useful help section about uploading media.
- Click on the AUDIO button.
- Click on the CHOOSE A AUDIO FILE button.
- Navigate to the location of your audio file.
- Select your audio file and click on Open. The audio will upload and the estimated time for upload will be displayed.
- If you have uploaded an MP3 file, you will be unable to add metadata until the upload is finished. This is because some MP3 files already contain metadata and MediaBox will attempt to read this data and automatically populate the form.
Add metadata (ie. file information) in ABOUT YOUR MEDIA
and MEDIA PERMISSIONS. This is compulsory.
ABOUT YOUR MEDIA
- Media Title: Enter the title of the audio file.
- Description: Enter a description for the audio file.
- Category: Choose the subject area for which you think the audio file will be used.
Media Tags: Enter all the keywords relating to the audio file. This allows you and others
to find the media easily using the search function. For example, an audiobook may have the following
keywords - book, roald, dahl, spoken, word etc.
Please note: If a keyword has been used previously (by anyone!) it will appear for you to select. Once you have typed a keyword, click underneath the word to complete the entry and enter a new keyword. Use the X button to remove an unwanted keyword.
- Album Art: You can leave this blank (or as the current cover if MediaBox detected existing cover art in the original file) or you can choose to upload your own cover art by clicking the CHANGE ARTWORK button and navigating to an image file on your computer.
- Scroll down to the MEDIA PERMISSIONS area of the screen.
- Tick the box next to Make this media available to everyone. (Important Note: If you plan to embed this media into your school‘s external website and you wish pupils, parents and the general public to see it, you must tick this box!).
Choose to Restrict this media to:
- Public (*this option will be chosen automatically if you have ticked the box above).
- All MediaBox Users (anyone with access to MediaBox will be able to see the media).
- Only Users In My School (all staff and pupils will be able to see the media).
- Staff Only (all school based staff in NPT will be able to see the media).
- Just Me (only you will be able to view this media).
- ALLOW DOWNLOADS - tick this box if you want others to be able to download your media.
- ALLOW COMMENTS - tick this box if you want others to be able to comment on your media.
- Ensure the upload has completed successfully and then click on the SAVE button at the bottom of the window.
- The video you have uploaded will be added to YOUR QUEUE and the status will change according to the progress made.
- Once complete, the queue will empty and your video is published on MediaBox.