You can edit the details and metadata for any media you have uploaded at any time. This includes altering permissions, title, description etc. To do this, follow the steps below. If you are interested in editing more than one media item at a time please refer to the batch editing help file.
If you haven't already done so, you need to log in to the website. To do this click on the login
link at the top of the site. It's the one that looks like this:
- Enter your login credentials (ie. the same as you use to access the Learning Gateway and your computers in school).
- If you have permission to upload media to the system, UPLOAD and Welcome... buttons replace the login button at the top right of the screen.
You can access the edit functionality in two ways. You can either search or browse for your media file on MediaBox using the normal methods or you can access your file from your ‘My Media‘ page. Whichever method you choose, you will end up at the same editing page.
Editing Your Media From The Media Page
- Browse to your media file using the MediaBox search or any other method.
- Once you are on the Media‘s watch page, click the EDIT button.
Editing your Media From ‘My Media‘
To access your media pages, you need to drop down the Login Centre.
- Scroll to the top of the page and click the Welcome box that has your login name inside it. the Login Centre will drop down.
- From the Login Centre choose the ‘View Files‘ link next to the type of file you would like to edit.
- You will then be taken to the ‘My Media‘ page for that type of media.
- Find the file you would like to edit on this page and click the EDIT DETAILS link underneath the thumbnail.
Editing The Media Details
You should now find yourself on the edit page for the media file you selected. The page looks like a combination of the watch page for the media file and the upload page you used to upload the file originally.
You can remove the media file from MediaBox by clicking the ‘REMOVE‘ button at the top right. Please note that if you change your mind after clicking this button it is unlikely we will be able to restore your file (it will ask you if you are sure before doing anything however!).
- Make any changes to your media details using the text fields on the page.
- Remove any unnecessary tags by clicking the X button next to each one.
- Change the artwork that is displayed before the media is played by clicking the CHANGE ARTWORK button and navigating to an image file on your computer.
- Change the permissions of the media file using the drop down box.
- Allow/Disallow downloads and comments using the check boxes.
Once you are finished making changes to your media, click the SAVE button at the bottom of the page.